Would you like to learn the proper way to detail your car?
Are you a detailer wanting to enhance your skills?
Are you thinking about becoming a detailer?
Do you live near the Richmond, Virginia area?
Come join Todd Helme and Bryan Brice for a fun, and informative two-day session and learn detailing techniques, tips and principles from some of the stars of the detailing world.
The goal of this detailing school is to educate and inform all levels of detailers, from new enthusiasts to seasoned veterans on proper detailing theory.
Want to learn the basics, and then some? Then Day One is for you. Day Two is an advanced course dedicated to paint polishing and refinishing.
Day One is available for just $50.00, and includes an added bonus.
For attending Day One you will receive a coupon good for $50.00 worth of Blackfire, Eimann Fabrik, Lake Country and Meguiar’s products from www.properautocare.com.
Day One will start at 10 AM, with classroom instruction, a break for lunch (provided) at noon and conclude around 2:30 PM, with a hands-on session to follow.
Day One covers the following areas:
- Brief Introduction by the instructors
- Detailing Theory, including a discussion on popular myths
- Proper Washing Techniques including
- Two bucket wash method
- How to wash your car safely to avoid adding swirl marks
- Selecting the right car soap for your needs
- How to dry the car gently to avoid swirl marks
- Identifying types of leather and caring for it properly
- Cleaning and protecting interior surfaces
- Tips for cleaning windows streak free
An introduction to Paint Prep and Polishing
- How to clean and prep paint, including the use of detailer’s clay
- What paint polishing does?
- How to remove paint defects.
- How to care for your polishing pads
- Product selection
- Polishing Technique
Car Care and Maintenance
- Selecting a wax or sealant
- Myths of LSP's
- Dressing trim, engine compartments, and interiors
- Keeping an award winning shine.
Day Two will start at 10AM and conclude at 5:00PM and is available for an additional $35.00.
Please Note: To attend Day Two, you must attend Day One.
Day Two covers the following areas:
- Inspection- How to prep and inspect paint, including lighting and taping
- What are paint defects?
- Paint Polishing Theory- An in depth discussion on the reflectivity of paint, and how polishes work to create gloss.
- Paint Types - A look at the differences between paint systems: basecoat/clear coat vs. single stage paint. Pearl, flake, and maximum thickness removal.
- What happens to the paint when you polish it?
- Different polishers and how they work- A look at rotary vs. dual-action polishers.
- DA polishing techniques and theory, how to achieve maximum results with a dual-action polisher
- Rotary polishing techniques and theory, how to achieve maximum results with a rotary polisher
- Machine Wet Sanding Basics
- Hand Wet Sanding Basics
Want to sign up? Just follow the Shine Institute Class link here and reserve your space at the event.
Labels: car care classes, The Shine Institute